Trunk Release

I have a 98 Sunfire GT 2dr and have a question about a trunk release. I was doing some work in the trunk and noticed that there is a cable into the trunk release assembly which leads me to believe there is an inside release button/lever. I looked all over the interior and cant find anything. Was this a standard item? Sorry for all the questions lately, but I purchased this car from an auction so there was no manual and no one to call after the purchase. Thanks John

Reply to
John

mike

Locations for trunk release button on variuos models.

  1. Inside Glove box ( yellow button )
  2. Extreme lower leftside of dashboard.
  3. Left side of driver seat, on the floor.
  4. Drivers door panel ( Ford ).

Good luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,416 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

yes there is one. its in the glove box or on the dash, or you have to turn the key on or something

B C