Vibe???

Is it true the Vibe and Toyota Matrix are the same car??

Reply to
me

Pretty much so. Cosmetic and a few option changes but the same car. I have one and love it.

Steve

Reply to
Snoopy

"Snoopy" wrote in news:Krzfd.8433$df2.3118@edtnps89:

It seems to made in a different place than the Toyota. I want Toyota long life

Reply to
me

Might want to get your facts straight, the plant where they're making the Vibe is a joint GM/Toyota plant that also makes the Corolla/Prism.

"You may hot have heard of the Chevrolet Prism because it was sold only in the United States. That vehicle is being replaced by the Pontiac Vibe (which will be sold in Canada) and will be built in the same GM/Toyota-owned New United Motor Manufacturing (NUMMI) assembly plant in Fremont, California. The Toyota Matrix will be built in Toyota's own plant in Cambridge, Ontario. These two plants, by the way, are consistently rated tops in quality by J.D. Power and Associates."

"The twins are a General Motors-Toyota co-production using Toyota drivetrains. Vibes are built in the NUMI plant in California that also manufactures most Corollas sold in the U.S, while all Matrixes are assembled in Canada at Toyota's award-winning Cambridge plant."

Phillip Schmid

I've had my 2003 Vibe since October of 2002. I am totally happy with this car. You'll get Toyota long life from the drivetrain, because it is a Toyota. My only complaints are skimpy interior lighting (on the doors and glovebox), and a skimpy paint job (thin clearcoat). Everything else is great. I didn't text drive the Matrix...once I drove the Vibe, I knew I wanted it. Plus, when I did go to the local Toyota dealership, the salesman treated me like my money wasn't good enough for him. (I test drove a Rav4). No way was I going back there.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

The interior's not really a surprise, that was all GM. They designed it and the electronics I guess.

You should be happy you got a light in the glove box though. We have an 04 Sierra with no lighting at all in the glovebox.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

"Phillip Schmid" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Jusat went to the pontiac dealer. the vibe is overpriced with a 2500 dollar rebate. I will go with Toyota

Reply to
me

Are you the Melissa from BC?

Reply to
Snoopy

BC? British Columbia? Nope, that's not me. I'm in the USA, in Ohio.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa