Vibe

I'm sure this has been discussed to death..

I'm in the market for a Vibe/Matrix.

I like the new styling of the Vibe, looks good!

I'm sure I'd be happy with either/or. I hope the dealer treats me as well as the local yota dealership does.

Anyone HATE their Vibe??

The only thing I do hate is the cargo cover.... WTF?? brutal. I wish there was an upgrade.

Reply to
Robert

A little noisy, but not bad for a cheap car.

Reply to
tj

The steering wheel is in a odd place. I's almost impossible to drive it to drive it with one hand resting on the window cel. You have to use 2 hands either @ 9 & 3 o'clock, or 10 & 2 o'clock. this is the only thing I would change. (and the AC is a little weak) I've had my Vibe since July 2005, and I love it.

Check out this Vibe site

all the info you'll need

Reply to
John Karpich

I had a 2003 Vibe which I traded in earlier this year for a 2005. I love the car...They changed a couple of things in the 2005 for the better. The display lighting for one thing is much better than the 2003. On the con side, they changed the center console to a cheaper type and it's not as high or as practical. Interior lighting is not as good as it could be...there is no light in the glove box and the door switches etc. aren't lit.

I get about 24 mpg around town and 33-34 on the highway. My town driving is very stop and start. For my height and size, the seat and steering wheel adjust fine. My husband doesn't like the steering wheel adjustments. But then again, I don't like driving his Bonneville. The height of the seat works perfectly for me...I don't have to climb in or climb out of the car.

Road noise is "moderate" IMO. For the most part, I really like this car and find it fun to drive. I know a few people through my job who drive them and they also love them. Make sure and test drive it. I think it's either a love or hate thing with the Vibe. I don't use the cargo cover, but I love the 2 nets that hook in the back. I use them all the time to keep bags of groceries from sliding around.

I drove an '85 Astro Van from late 1988-2002, so that was a bit of a change for me.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

Thanks for all of your replies, and yours as well Melissa.

I am going from an old Volvo which has been a great car (but terrible fuel economy) to a Vibe/Matrix.

I've driven an automatic, and really, I think I can live with just about anything that the Vibe will throw at me.

The only things I don't like (after taking a close look):

- the one color package looks terrible. The paint doesn't match (because the parts are made at different suppliers) from the bumper to the fender flare. The fender flares look "textured" as opposed to the fender paint. I don't want the two color appearance package.

- the stereo.. it's a GM unit!! hmmm, it might be ok, it just looks old school (like in the late 90s pickups!!) The Matrix wins here. I could just replace it I guess.

- the cargo cover.. oh well, no fix for it, I'll have to live with it.

Otherwise, I think it's a great car!

I want the manual version, cheaper to buy, a little more fun to drive, and a bit better on fuel. Less resale value, but I plan on keeping it for 8 years minimum.

The A/C is weak eh? well, that's not so bad I guess... I don't like to have full blast A/C anyhow, so, if it chills it down a wee bit, that'll be better than nothing. Currently my car has NO A/C ;)..

Cheers

Reply to
Robert

Good luck and happy car hunting...

Tom

Thanks Tom!

I like the bigger cars as well, I drove a G6 for a week, and it was sweet.

I got one in Black, and while the engine isn't super powerful, IT BLEW AWAY THE DODGE CALIBER I drove an hour before.

The Caliber was unpleasing to drive.. It was horrible.

Got in the Vibe, total difference in quality. yes, it was more expensive, BUT.. light years ahead in build quality... The brand new Caliber I drove was making a lot of vibration noises from the interior bits. However, the engine was SUPER quiet in the Caliber compared to the Vibe.

The Vibe has everything I need, and no, I don't believe they ever have, or ever will come with a power driver's seat. I like things all manual, except the windows of course.

Nothing will beat the Vibe (in GM lineup) for fuel economy, so, that's why I stuck with the Vibe. The Chevy Aveo and Pontiac Wave (I dunno if they sell the Wave in the US, do they??), aren't as good, and are smaller than the Vibe!!

I call my car the Vibetrix. I haven't picked it up, the ink is still wet on the paperwork (but I'm pre-approved for the finance).

sweet ;)

Thanks!! Now I'm feeling the Vibe!

Reply to
Robert