vibration during braking

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix SE. This is the car that my brother drives, and he said he had the brakes serviced about a 1.5 years ago. I don't think he uses the brakes that hard, so I would assume that the brakes shouldn't need servicing already again. But I've driven in and there is a major shuddering when the brakes are applied, you can even see the steering wheel twitching during this time, and you can hear some interior panels vibrating while the brakes are being applied. What could be causing this? Warped rotors?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Shep

Sounds warped to me.

Reply to
Timmy Thompson Private Eye

Reply to
Dipstick

The tires are relatively new. As for tierod ends, wouldn't the vibrations be felt even at speed rather than just during braking?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
bbbl67