Vin - Y - 05 Bonnie

My friend at Chevy said he was in the computer at the dealer last week & saw a 2005 Vin # with a Y in it. Y, he said indicates an aluminum intake is used, but didn't specify what model car had it. Its for the

3800 engine.

Today I saw a 2005 Bonneville SLE with 3800 and a Y in the Vin #. The car was unlocked, so I opened the hood & took a look, Lower plenum was aluminum but the upper was still plastic. The 05 Park Avenue didn't have a Y in its Vin #. & I forgot to check the 05 GP Vin #.. These are the only 05's I know out this early.

The seats in the SLE felt good. The SLE has the Bonneville GXP look, same nose & tailights. Slightly different body side cladding.

The window sticker wasn't on the SLE, but the GXP was $38,000, starting at $35,270 Zowie !

Some other Sunday Shopper picked the wrong door to open as the horn / alarm began beeping on the east side of the dealer.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Code Y for the engine in a 2005 Bonneville indicates it has a 4.6 Northstar in it. The 3800 engines are still K or 1

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

(snip)

Hopefully it was on a dealer lot and not parked along the street or at the Wal-Mart. :)

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Ian Posted Vin Y is for the northstar engine.......

Oh hell I bet I looked at the wrong car !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Looks like we'll have gravy work for a while yet....

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I've seen a few of the GenIII 3800's and they do have an aluminum upper intake manifold now. They seem to only come in the Grand Prix's at the moment, the Impala's are still running the GenII 3800.

So we probably won't get to work on them as much.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai
1G2HYxxKxxxxxxxxx = SLE 1G2HXxxKxxxxxxxxx = SE

I heard rumor that the 04,05 SLE's might have the Northstar as an optional upgrade. HF, where was this "Y" designator located in the vin?

-- markwb 2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb