Vintage 6 pack intake

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sell a 1964/1966 389 or 421 3 x 2 barrels carbs intake. Complete less linkage, with thermosthat housing.

I looked everywhere over the Internet to find the value of this vintage part, even at Hemmings, but no luck.

Anyone know about ?

Thanks

Reply to
Robert Bernard
1964-5-6 are all different.Are the carbs correct?
Reply to
Philip Wagner

Philip Wagner a écrit dans le message : snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3215.bay.webtv.net...

Hi everyone,

-center carb have a smaller bore

I understand that the center carb was in use in normal driving. If you pushed the ''go''pedal more, the front & rear carbs started to work. Center one is linked to front one via a driver side rod. Front one is linked to rear one by a passenger side rod.

All three carbs are Rochester.

Front carb number:7011997 Center carb number:7027114 Rear carb number:7011997

All carbs work, mechanism not seized.

I understand that the fourth number should be production year. But that doesn't match, front and rear number is 1, so 1961, and middle carb number is a 7, so 1967 ??????

Intake part number:9770275 Thermosthat housing number:538568

Found a 1964 similar specs intake number listing 9770274, mine is 275. So that doesn't work.

I also have these Pontiac parts.

-PowerGlide tranny(1967)

-3 into one headers for D port V8

-1967 OHC Firebird 6 banger

-1967 Firebird rear end

-1967 Firebird side windowns(4 available)

-1967 Firebird rear window

-1967 Firebird driveshaft

-1967 Firebird gas tank

-1967 Firebird shell with console, mouldings, dash gauges, dash pad seats, powerbrakes booster,front grille, bumpers, one new door(passenger)

-1967 Firebird hood

-1967 interior mouldings set, door lining

-1967 Firebird tail lights

-1981 Firebird hood

-Pontiac motor(shortblock)400 ci

-Turbo 400 tranny

Open to offers.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Bernard

pontiac tri-power, you will never find one. get a holley double pumper stupid

Reply to
GREASY DICK

The 65 intake manifold has 10 mounting bolts,and the choke is a round black bakolite or plastic hous- ing on the center (Primary) carb. The

66 manifold has 10 mounting bolts and the choke is remote in the manifold with a rod connecting it to the center carb.The 64 has 12 mounting bolts with the choke on the carb. The two end carbs should have NO idle mixture adjusting screws.I believe you have a 64 ,as I believe the number on it is a replacement number. I believe you have some later carbs.
Reply to
Philip Wagner

Greasy Dick,The man is trying to identify a tri-power, so possibly someone make his car correct.Maybe he doesnt want a cobbled -up hot rod with a leaky,rich running Holley .

Reply to
Philip Wagner

I'm late to this discussion... If you're trying to tell a '64 setup from a later model a quick visual should be all you need. They redesigned the intake in '65. Unfortunately, I haven't looked at any Pontiac V8s in a while (even the one in my GTO - it's away for the winter!), and am really not an expert on the older than '64 variety anyway. I can tell at a glance, but I don't know what to tell you to look for... Maybe the mounting bolts are the clue anyway!

Reply to
Joseph Roche

Philip Wagner a écrit dans le message : snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3214.bay.webtv.net...

Thanks very much for your time and effort to help me identify that part.

I guess you're right, this is a 64. Choke housing does have a small tube between the carb and intake. Does have 12 mounting bolts. Both end carbs doesn't have idle mixture srews.

That part was salvaged very quickly in a gravel pit, years ago. The cars sitting there(over 300 between 1960 and 1975) ? All gone in the crusher within a few days... I spotted that motherlode too late, had almost no tools on that day. Picked up many parts for free, mainly Pontiac and Buick & Olds. I believe the owner of the place died and then they simply get rid of what they call ''all that junk''... Some cars were GS, few 442, Delta and F-85.

Thanks again for your help.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Bernard