water damage on new black car!!!!

I'm really annoyed I've had my 2004 Black Grand Am a month now Washed it 4 times with that new Mr. Clean hose attachment It leaves water spots and it has gotten worse..the spots don't go away and have become scratches in the car my car looks like the game Asteroids. This can't be normal Who do i hold responsible Can I sue Mr. Clean? Can I call the paint job on the car a lemon and go back to the dealership.

Reply to
Hallofwiffleball

All the Mr. Clean does is make the water "softer" so it doesn't leave watermarks. So that leaves either enviromental effects or a bad paint job. I'd take the car to the dealership and have them look at it. Chances are it wasn't from washing it or from the enviroment so they're probably repaint it.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

if they repaint it..i feel it will be a half-ass job because they wont want to have anything to do w/ me. How can I prevent this next time?

Reply to
Hallofwiffleball

Wipe your car dry with a soft towel: No more water spots.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

the paint job should be under like a 4 year warranty or so.... my dad had his dodge ram repainted after 2 years because it started to flake the clear coat off. didn't cost him a penny and the paint job was flawless... i'd bring it into the shop and tell them that all you have done is washed the car a few times. i wouldn't mention the mr clean stuff because they might try to blame it on that. just say you washed it. don't say how. good luck man.

Reply to
Jack Conley

If it looks bad now....what have you got to lose?

Reply to
Drumstick

I used that Mr Clean car washing unit on my 04 SUV (blue metalflake) and I too noticed some white water spots left on the car. I found out where they came from tho, while in the final phase of washing and you're using the "spotless" setting, make sure that no driping is comming from the hose connection. Not only that, make sure you run the unit in the final position away from the car for a bit before you spray it on. Some soap is sometimes mixed with the clear water even though it goes through a filter. This soap contains a strong cleaning agent that will spot the paint. To remove the spots just use a soft cotton cloth and some clean warm water, this should solve your problem.

I also have a 04 GTO, black with some other kind of paint problems. These are also white spots , but its not the kind you're talking about. These are in the paint itself, I do not use the Mr Clean unit on this car, I do it the "old fashon" way, bucket, sponge, and some good 'ol Blue Coral car wash, then dry it with a chamois, soft cloths and then buff with a dry cotton towel.

BB

Reply to
nO SpAm

it looks like it went away for the most part after waxing it today but i'm returning the mr. clean thing it sucks

Reply to
Hallofwiffleball

Reply to
Sam Spade