Weird Electronics

I have a 2000 Grand Am, and a 2000 Montana. In both vehicles the gas guage goes bezerk below the half indicator, so I must use the trip meter to know when to re-fill. On the Grand Am, the turn signals sometimes do not work, and sometimes they do. On the Montana, occassionally the turn signal flashes at a double rate.

Any one else had these problems, and found a solution?

Thanks, Ron.

Reply to
Ron Van Holst

I had the same problem with my 94 TransSport fuel guage. I ran a good fuel system cleaner and stopped running Shell gasoline. The fuel guage now functions as it is supposed to. There have been numerous reports of this problem in the Canadian press. Chrysler vehicles are also affected.

Reply to
clare

on the grand am....the fuel gauge is the fuel level sensor (known issue) as for the turn signals, it's the hazard switch (replaced about 40-50 or so)

now to the Montana.....that one doesn't have the same system as the GA....make sure all the bulbs are working when the problem is happening, if all are fine it could be the flasher...there is a problem with water intrusion/ filling up the tail light lenses which could cause an intermittent high resistance in the circuit causing them to flash fast.....the fuel gauge problem could be the connector under the vehicle almost directly under the driver's seat. Make sure the connection is dry and the tension on the terminals is good also check for corrosion.

Reply to
Larry Z