What performance parts for my '03 Grand Am

I have a 2003 pontiac grand am SE

I have no problem admitting I know almost nothing when it comes to car performance. My question to anyone who can answer with experience is:

What is a good amount of money to invest in this car to give it a noticable performance boost; and what parts would I need?

I am hoping not to spend more than $2000 However as I already mentioned I know nothing about car performance and am unsure if this amount of money is worth investing into my car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
rhaazy

Weird

The best advice I can give you is to go to a junkyard, and find a Grand Prix GTP and see if you can pull the blower off of it and all the mounting bolts and such, and take it to a shop and have them slap that on there. You will need a different serpentine belt also, but that should give you more performance without breaking your budget; it definitely won't cost $2k.

Reply to
xman

Reconozco que si, soy algo idiota: como carajo voy a pensar que un tio como Tex cambie si no tiene cerebro propio... Bueno...quiz=E1s a =E9l lo manden a la dimensi=F3n X :) Saludos Pac

Weird ha escrito:

Reply to
PacBoy

Supercharge wont help. He needs other things thats going to cost him well over 2000. PCM, HD transmission, wiring harness, axles to match trans. His best bet, get rid of that car, take the money and pitch it into a car that already has it.

Weird ha escrito:

Reply to
TANYA LAWSON

I don't think an Eaton M90 from a GP GTP will just bolt on to a Grand Am NA engine.

The guys over at the GA board should be able to get you started on some perf. parts. A CAI (cool air intake) is a good start.

-- Paul Michaels

2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 Fort Lauderdale, Florida My Motorcycle & Travel Pics
Paul Michaels