Wheel Alignment shop scams

It's not that I don't understand what a 12V conversion is, but it certainly has been some time since I've seen a vehicle that had 6V.

While I certainly do not like Ford, I have to respect anything that will survive longer than 6 years, given the automotive climate.

Vuarra

Vuarra

Ya well I thought I was alone for a while, driving an '85 full size wagon,

233,000 miles, till I pulled >
Reply to
Slicknick

alignment because it

inspected. Got the

again. Took it

and said he

hard again, so

control bushing

the control

thickness left on

at the lower

it apart and

Sears for the

around, and starts

starts talking to

over to me and

is bent. I

new control

The manager came

mouth mechanic.

still holding

I left the

need to bring

inside and

service manager had

takes a minute

Reply to
Slicknick

Thanks for your thoughts and advice. It sounds like you have lots of experience on the GM equivilent of this issue.

I will hear from the shop tomorrow AM. I will have to figure out what to invest in what is now less than a $4000 car. We drive our cars until they drop and then a few years past. So, I will find out what the shop manager's confidence level is on a new strut. I guess my mishap of hitting the deep pot hole on the left and my wife's clipping right turns across the curbs for the rear right is not helpful for these cars. Blubump! I cringe every time! It does not help though....

Since you feel the car fram is probably not twisted, it seems that a new strut may be worthwhile.

I was perusing the GM group a few weeks ago.... reading that there was factory advise against any tinkering with alignment (SUV's I think) since the factory machines were so "precise". I guess precision is in the eye of the owner. Then again, perhaps they were referencing the available field tech skills and not based on what the alignment gear does in the hands of a knowing tech. Skill is not free but many times well worth the price.

Ian, thanks again for your thoughts.

No one in maryland

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
no one

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Yea.. I guess I'm subhuman too.. '93 Taurus, '95 Rodeo..

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

My poor, '93 Taurus looks like it's been through a war.. black scuff going down the side the car where a drunk sideswiped me, a green driver's side mirror, where the rest of the car is white, a "hole" in the front windshield where the rearview came off and took some of the glass with it (moved the rearview over an inch or two) and a single vertical crack right down the middle of the windshield. (Only had liability on it, and the drunk was uninsured)

Fits in fine down here in rural, southern AL, with all the oystermen and shrimpers' beat up cars and trucks. The '95 Rodeo though is still a fine vehicle. Wife drives it everywhere, just wish it got better gas mileage, and had a little more "get up and go". Takes 10seconds to get to 60mph.. then another 15seconds to get from 60mph to 70mph. hehe (guess it's the

3.73:1 rear-end)
Reply to
Zex0s