Where can I get sunroof moonroof gasket for 99 Pontiac Grand Prix???

I called the GM dealership to get a new gasket for my sunroof and they told me $450 for a new sunroof...You don't want to know what I told them.

There must be a third party outfit that makes these things anyone know of any???

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

"Aaron Ackerman" wrote in news:NphNa.102408$R73.11257@sccrnsc04:

Don't forget the boneyards. Assuming your is factory.. you should be able to find another in good shape.

Reply to
Joseph Blow III

Why yell at the counterman? Is it his fault GM doesn't sell the gasket separatley?

You could try a shop that installs aftermarket sunroofs. They may know of one that may fit.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Sounds like a GM counterman if I ever heard one.

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Nope, guess again. I've never worked in a gm dealership in my life. But I have been thru enough life to know how to treat people that have absolutely nothing to do with the problem at hand. I regret if you don't understand that.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Are you sure you need a new gasket???? There is a system in place to drain the water from the sunroof and ususally exits near the rear tires. I suggest you look for a clogged drain before you try to replace the gasket. Had same problem with 87 GN. I open the sunroof and actually used a water hose on the edges and was able to clear the blockage. Good Luck.

Reply to
Jeff & Carol

Great suggestion do you know where this drain exists!!!

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Get a jug of water and open your sunroof. If it is leaking only on one side, go to the side that is not leaking and pour a little water in the side rail of the sunroof. It should drain out onto your driveway, like I said probably near the rear wheels. Then you can go to the other side and pour a little water in the rail and see if it drains also. If not your drain is either clogged or disconnected. If clogged the water will stay in the rail, if disconnect it will leak into the headliner.

My understanding is that all sunroofs leak, but the water is drained away so it does not leak into the interior.

Reply to
Jeff & Carol

"Aaron Ackerman" wrote in news:yNCNa.43413$Xm3.9010 @sccrnsc02:

You'd be suprised. If I totalled my 99 Monte tonight (pretend it'a GP), the sunroof gasket will be in the junkyard tommorrow. Ripe for the taking. My Monte is bone dry; hence the gasket is fine.

I'd spend $50 for a used gasket 'afor I'd spend $450 for new one.

Reply to
Joseph Blow III