Which car wax to use?

I have seen many used cars in show room, their cars finish are so shine and smooth to touch, I want to wax my car to have it feel the same way, does anyone know which wax do they used and where to get it? Also, Orbital polisher sold at Wal-Mart, is it any good for this?

Reply to
no_one

I've heard good things about Zaino Brothers

andPoorboy

Phillip Schmid

well there are a lot of good waxes but to make it shine and feel real smooth you got to clean and polish the paint first before you wax it here are some sites that well give you good info on how to get your car looking real nice.

slicker

I use mothers car wax on my 2001 Pontiac "Grand Prix GT". It is a 3 step process, which takes consideral time to put it on. I live in an area where we have harsh winters, lots of road salt. When I wash the car it looks like it is brand new. You can feel the nice soft wax finish on it.

Reply to
Sam Spade

Sam Spade wrote : I use mothers car wax on a 01 Pontiac Grand Prix......

Why don't you go buy your own wax and quit using your mothers car wax!

LOL

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 469 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

rubbing compound goes a long long way. oh, and dont buy walmart brand wax, you'd be better off smearing rancid butter on your car. btw, you may want to consider a new paint job, not too expensive and makes older cars look wonderfully classic!

Reply to
Solomon Kozanski

You need to properly clean the paint before polishing and waxing. Try a clay bar. I use Mother's California Gold Clay Bar System to clean the paint and make it smooth as glass. It works really well. I follow it up with a coat of Mother's Carnauba Cleaner wax and the car shines like new and is so slick you can't lean on it.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Like someone said, mothers is good, but I use colored turtle wax. Say what you will, but nothing leaves a better shine and finish than colored wax. I used to be a diehard McGuiers users, but then I used colored wax and the rest is history.

Now, in terms of what this is doing to one's clear coat, well, that leaves something to be known. But if we are going to say that, then we have to get on all waxes, because as one waxes, washes, and waxes again, he is just eating away at his clear coat, and when you add the environment into the mix, well, it doesn't create a good system.

In other words, if you want your car to retain it's color and not fade or anything, your only choices are colored wax--turtle wax and the others on the market. It will look better than any other wax on the market. But be forewarned, they do not make every color, so if you have some rare color or something, look elsewhere. However, for those of us that own black, red, or white cars, then colored wax is the most ideal wax on the market.

Back in the day, I bought a used 77' Cadillac Eldorado, and needless to say, part of the reason why I got it so cheap, was because of its poor paint. At the time, I didn't have the time or the money to repaint it, so I looked for a temporary and easy fix. I went up to the local store and saw some colored wax and gave it a shot. After a few applications, I was hooked. All the faded paint became perfect. Now, I'm not saying, I could have one a concours judging competition or anything, but rather, it was a huge improvement. And best of all, the color lasted for a year or so.

In the end, it's a matter of personal preference. If I were you, I would buy a couple of different waxes and give them each a shot.

By the way, even more important than the wax is the application. In other words, if you do not allow the wax to dry, then you may as well be rubbing Crisco into the paint, because it's not going to do it's process. Please, for the sake of God and all that is holy, give your wax time to dry. Oh, and one last thing, if you decide to use colored wax, make sure you wear gloves.

Mike

Reply to
Michael