Will a 93 Grand Am Quad 4 transmission fit in a 92 Grand Am 3.4

The automatic 3 speed transmission in my 92 Grand Am 3.4L needs to be replaced. My neighbor has an automatic 3 speed that he pulled from a

93 Grand Am Quad 4. He says that they look identical except for possibly one cable. The linkages and everything else look the same.

Does anyone know if their the same, or what numbers I should look for and where to verify? If not the same, could it work? Has anyone done this, or have any tips? Any info at all would be appreciated!

Reply to
John

Better check the bell housing pattern. I don't believe that the Quad engine and the 3.4 v-6 engine share the same pattern.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

The 92 & 93 G/A never had a 3.4. The v-6 was 3.3. The th125c should be the same. However, as Ian said, check the bolt pattern.

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
Mike

Good point. Although the parts list does not differentiate between 4 & 6= , I would talk to a trans rebuilder (not a trans swapper) just for peace of= mind.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

I'm posting this reply to my own question, to save anyone else the expense and effort of doing this. The answer to this question is "No, it won't fit."

But, since we had to pull the V-6's transmission anyway (the quad 4 trainy was already pulled and sitting aroud) it wasn't really a waste of time -- and we lucked out and found a correct replacement trainy cheap, and it works fine. ;-)

And, yeah it's a 3.3 -- thanks for the correcti> >

Reply to
John

Thank you for letting us know. My own 3.3 trans now has 165k miles on it.

Reply to
« Paul »