Wiper problem on Montana

Just purchased a '99 Montana with 76k miles a week ago. I used the wipers for the first time and noticed the wiper blades pause in the upright/vertical position under the "intermittent' cycle. Turn them off and they close in the flat (horizontal) position like they should. This is repeatable over and over. I don't this this should work this way :) It looks weird having the blades stop in the the vertical position while waiting for the next wipe.

Any ideas? I know the dealer I got the van from replaced the wiper motors so I'm guessing they didn't do it right...

Also, could this lead to an electrical problem? I've found weird electrical problems -- most notable when I ran the wipers (but rain/moisture could be contributing... )

Thanks

Reply to
Dave

No, they don't work like that. bring it back in and let them try again.

Reply to
Tj