wipers

hi all I had a problem with my wipers quitting during operation . This would happen during low speed or intermittant .When they would stop I could switch to high speed and they would work . If I returned to low or intermittant they would not . If I left the switch alone they woukld come back on after awhile , and then shortly the same problem would arise again . I thought I would check at the fuse to see if there was still voltage when they stopped . First I removed the fuse and looked at the connections and all seemed OK . I then put my voltmeter at the wiper side of the fuse and ran the wipers , I didn't have the problem anymore . Just removing the fuse from the holder and reinstalling it cured the problem ! Just goes to show how finicky electrical connections can be . Also this tells us to look for the simple things first when troubleshooting problems .

Reply to
Jack Zwanenburg

I have the same problem here on my 93 transport. Dealer told me its the wiper module that is at fault. Since it's somewhere inside the dash its a bear to get too and of course the labor would be high. I've kinda learned to live with it for now. Saving my pennies to afford the repair. I will try your fuse fix. Hope that works so I can thumb my nose at the dealer hahahaha.

Sparks

Reply to
ten_speed_99