1986 944

Found one that looks pretty good. Engine sounded good and ran well too. Needs a new battery and tires from what I could tell. Quoting $ 4,000 for it, and I dunno what to do.

The trader didn't know how big the engine was. I thought it was 2.7 liters but he seemed to say 2 liters. Anyone here might know? A word on the reasonableness of the price would also help, thanks much :)

Ramapriya Dubai, UAE

Reply to
D Ramapriya

Don't know about the local market but $4000 is a reasonable price for a nice condition 944 in the USA.

That car had a 2.5l eng> Found one that looks pretty good. Engine sounded good and ran well too.

Reply to
someone

But he didn't mean $4,000 USD. He might have meant $4,000 British Pounds which works out to be substantially more than $4,000 USD.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

No, I meant USD. The local currency is AED, which is forever 0.27 USD, in which he's quoting 15k :)

Ramapriya

Reply to
D Ramapriya

Hey buddy, thanks so much.

Tell me something if this isn't too dumb a question. I've a 2001 Merc C240 right now that throws out about 165 hp. Would the 944 feel anywhere near as nippy as that on the road? I could test-drive the 944 only in a very busy place and not for long enough to feel it myself :)

Ramapriya

Reply to
D Ramapriya