1995 911 FOR SALE MINT

Absolutely mint 1995 2wd coupe for sale in Birmingham, MI...one of the lowest mileage examples in US....8955 miles since new...all records...six-speed manual, alloy wheels, airbags, deployable rear spoiler (auto activation)..ABS....all records, etc....Birmingham, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com....write for more info and pics...Polar Silver...Black leather interior...$42,900....must sacrifice....

Reply to
Dd860

WHAT A SACRAFICE!!! Since NADA puts the maximum value on this car at $35,000, and that includes the premium for the low mileage!

You are willing to sacrifice it for only $8000.00 over book?? You must be a saint!

Earl

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dd860) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m19.aol.com:

Reply to
Big Earl

This isn't a valid argument, Earl. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Period. NADA values are close and in some cases real close, but it's the current market environment that drives the value of a car. If NADA values his car at $35k, but he finds that others are asking $40k+ and getting it because either the car is rare, desireable for some reason, or that merely that's what the market is bearing, then his car can be valued at the higher price. A good example of this would be if his car were totalled (God forbid), and the insurance company would only give him the NADA value of $35k or the KBB book of $38k, then he could show current sales in his area (or the whole US since Porsche folks travel far for their cars) that proves the higher value. It's been done plenty, since insurance companies want to pay out less, of course. Aside from all of this, he's only got 9000 miles on the car and all records, both are bonuses that add value (10-15%) which puts him very close to the right price. To sum up, NADA is only a guide and they even call it that. It's not the end-all tell-all price standard.

DS

1995 993 Coupe (worth a bit less than $42k)
Reply to
The Dead Senator

While you may be correct, I think Earl's point that calling it a sacrafice is pure BS is valid. Parting with the car may be a sacrafice(I would definitely feel that way.), but getting 43k for it is by no means a sacrafice.

RaLF '00 Carrera

Reply to
ralfsworld

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ralfsworld) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Yeah, that was kinda my point. If he had been selling it for 20k because of a severe emergency, that is a sacrafice. Getting 8k over book is a damn good day where I come from.

Earl

Reply to
Big Earl