1997 Boxster .. headlight / blower / wiper problems from cold

Started a few months ago but getting much worse now.

When I first start the car the headlights / wipers and blower don't work .. after 10 or so mins of running and a restart they all start working again. I'm thinking maybe battery is duff, anyone else seen this before. It's annoying as everything else on the car is mint!

Thanks! Adam

Reply to
monty77

Sounds like you might have a problem with the starter. When the starter is engaged, all the "accessories" are turned off. If the solenoid doesn't retract fully, the power to them is not resumed. Sounds like your solenoid is not sliding easily and is getting loosened up with some driving, and when you restart, it's retracting fully...and everything works as it should.

Reply to
Guru

Actually the starter motor has been a bit noisy from cold for a while now, so that kinda makes sense. Is it a tricky job to do on the Boxster?

Thanks! Adam

Reply to
monty77

Tricky...not if you're reasonably experienced...and if you can get the car up high enough. I don't know if you have to pull the engine...but wouldn't bet against that.

Good luck!

Reply to
Guru