2002 Boxster top doesn't work!!!!! HELP

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where I can get the schematics for the convertible top of a 2002 boxster. The top stopped working. I know that the fuse is good and the hand brake switch is also good. There has to be some other sensors that won't let the top move unless they are attenuated in some fashion. Most likely hall effect sensors. I can guess at different areas like the power windows since they move down partial way when you disengage the main lock to the top, but I don't want to be tearing off the door covers if I could get a diagram of some type or maybe some expierence with this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,

Michael

Reply to
Hogan

Unless they changed the top mechanism in 2002, there is a microswitch in the latch mechanism in earlier Boxsters that is very sensitive/defective. Adjustment or replacement is needed. I use to shim mine by putting a small amount on teflon seal on the hook to ensure the microswitch is actuated when the top is latched. Try that! then you will know.

Joe GLiebe

Reply to
<josephgliebe