2004 Boxster infrared intrusion alarm question...

Can someone describe under what circumstance the infrared alarm can be triggered? Its range seems so limited that it makes it almost useless!

I ask this because the only way I can get it to go off is by putting the top up, leaving the windows down, then reaching waaaaaaayyy into the interior almost down to the pedals! Since the infrared transmitters are in the mirror bottom, facing down, I can't see how this provides any extra protection not already afforded by the door switches etc. This car doesn't have the auto dimming mirror btw.

On the other hand my Audi TT has a motion sensor that will go off as soon as you reach inside the car. You don't have to climb into it like a contortonist and touch the pedals!

I was hoping the Boxster's alarm would help protect the car when the top is down but apparently its disabled entirely when the roof is stowed.

Thank you all in advance!

Zeeno

Reply to
Zeeno

My Boxster and my 996 both go off as soon as you reach in the window....Maybe have it adjusted at the dealer? Still under warranty...

JR

Reply to
JR

The dealer seems to think that it is working properly! I As you can tell, I vehemently disagree. I think it should work as yours does as soon as someone reaches in the window it should start to howl!

I will try other dealers and see what they say, yes its still under warranty I have only had it about 2 weeks.. its a Boxster S 50th Anniversary Edtion #613/1953.

Thank you for your reply!

Zeeno

There is a thread on this site which explains the difference between the configurations.

Cheers

Reply to
Topbear