75 year old buys his first Porsche.

Yep. Heard of the second wind. This might be the last wind since I tend to hang on to some of my cars sometimes almost forever.

Traded a 94 4wd Honda Passport I had been driving for a 2006 8 cylinder CayenneS right after Xmas. My wife drives a Chrysler Sebring convertible

Before I retired early in 85 had owned first a 72 Mercedes 250 and then a 75 450 SLC and then bought a 1970 6.3 liter 300 SEL since I liked some features of the 72 vintage better. Also owned a 320I 4 cylinder BMW with manual transmission for driving around town for some years. Hung on to the SEL for over 20 years as a luxury extra vehicle until I sold it to my son in law for $1.00 recently.

Went to the dealer to look at Mercedes again but saw the Porsche in the lot, liked the looks of it, took it on a test drive and next thing I knew I owned it.

We have a summer house in the North Georgia Mountains, family in the Philadelphia area and a winter house in SW Georgia. We bought it in the Philadelphia area, drove south through the PA, Shenadoah and NC mountains and then down to SW Georgia for the winter. IMO driving this Cayenne is Fahrvergnuegen (SP?) at its finest, we love it. It is silver blue and beautiful.

One question. We have a big anniversary coming up and are planing on going to Australia for an extended period of time. I am not going to leave the Cayenne in the airport parking lot but it will be idle for some time.

I notice they recommend a trickler plugged into the cigarette lighter DC to keep the battery charged for extended periods. They also recommend keeping the doors locked and windows closed when the vehicle is idle.

Question: How do you get the chord into the vehicles with the windows closed and the doors locked?

Thanks for the response und gute fahrvergnuegen.

Reply to
PJ O'Donovan