911 tires

Need some advice on tires I have a '72 911E with old original size tires, i.e., 185HR70 15 on 7 inch rims. Since this size is no longer available I guess I have to go to something like 195 60s or 205 50s. If you have experience or knowledge in this area I would appreciate your input, both size and manufacturer. Thanks McF

Reply to
RKMcF

I have done a bit of research and according to Tirerack the best tires are the Potenza SO3's. They come in 205 55 WR 15s. This is what I intent to put on my car. Going to be tight but should provide the maximum amount of rubber I can fit inside the fenders.

Chris

73 911 E
Reply to
C McFaul

Chris- Those Bridgestones are great tires, no doubt, but at twice the price of the Falkens, I wouldn't go there. I'm cheap, though. TT

--------------------------------- Tom Tweed mailto: snipped-for-privacy@ucsd.edu La Jolla, CA, USA or snipped-for-privacy@san.rr.com

Tom Tweed

What were you quoted for them? I got S03's for $875 on sale. The S03's do stick, but they don't appear to last for very long. I'm considering Pzero Rosso next, because I've been told they've discontinued the Nero. My big question now is will the Rosso disappear like the S03?

Reply to
Rory

"Rory" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó news:0I8_a.158564$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.austin.rr.com...

Rory, based on my friends' experience, i think you will find the P-Zero takes a little longer to perform, so it seems to be a harder compound than the S-03, and hence P-Zeros should last more miles. however, it rains a lot here, and the wet experience is not as good.....

John

Reply to
jkk

The SO3's are $111 / each at Tire Rack. Costco has them for $125/ each including mounting ballancing stems disposal etc.

Chris

73 911 E
Reply to
C McFaul

The Falken Azenis are $62 each at Vulcan Tire.