914 interior mirror placement

Can any 914 owner tell me the correct placement of the inside rear view mirror? The previous owner of my 1.8 obviously had the windshield replaced, because the right sun visor touches and even moves the mirror whenever it is lowered. Worse than that, though, my mirror is so high that I cannot see far enough behind me when I've adjusted it for my height. What I need to know is the correct distance between the top edge of the mirror base and the bottom edge of the windshield frame. I would be very appreciative if someone would measure and provide me with this information. Thanks.

Reply to
Joe Rose

Joe, mine seems to be placed pretty well. the top of the piece that actually attaches to the windshield is almost exactly 4.5 inches from the top of the windshield, as measured from inside the car. you may need to make adjustments for your height or preference, but hopefully that will give you a good place from which to start.

good luck!

if you haven't already, check out the bbs at

there are lots of good helpful 914 folks there!

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Thank you, sir. That's exactly the information I needed. I could not find any such spec in the shop manual. Thanks again.

Reply to
Joe Rose

you are quite welcome, but i am a girl :)

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars