924 Electric Window Winders

Hi,

I'm helping my friend restore and 924.

We have managed to sort out most of the electrical problems, but one of the things that I've taken out a few times, get to work on the bench, then put back in, it works a fair few times and then it stops again is the electric window winder.

I've by passed all the switches and wiring, and just power the motor directly, so it's getting 12V. The motor seems to be jamming... It's like the Worm Gear on the motor shaft is binding up against the other gear, I'm wondering is the worm gear warn down, and not sitting in the same position on the main gear that it was designed to.

Has anyone played around with these? I'm sure it's probably the same one as the 944.

Reply to
David Powell