924 interchange

Are there any publications or websites that have a good list of parts that interchange with the 2.0 924 cars. I know alot of VW and Audi parts will work. I'd like to know about blocks, heads and internals mostly. Seems it would be cheaper to play with readily available VW engines and parts rather than those labeled and sold as Porsche. And if anyone can give me a list of blocks,recriprocating assemblies and possibly heads that will interchange that might help me along. I am working with a 81 924 19K original miles and don't want to destroy that engine playing around. Would prefer to experiment with other cheap replacements.

Reply to
David Johnson