930 Porsche Alloys - Interchangeability

I have a a set of 993 18 inch alloys which I would like to install on my 1977 930. The 930 currently has 7x16 (ET15) and 9x16 (ET15) Fuchs with a 2.5 cm spacer in front and a 3.0 cm spacer in back. The wheels I would like to install are 7x18 (ET50) and 10x18 (ET65). These are factory alloys which are the 993 twist style.

  1. Does any one know which size spacers I should use for the front and back?
  2. Is this change over worth the hassle? They look great but I am concerned about any effects on the handling with the the large offsets for this 930 (1977).
  3. Will there be a huge effect on the ride quality and tire life?

Thanks David

Reply to
howelldc