944 turbo throttle dropout problem

1986 944 turbo, 165,000 miles, standard transmission; Throttle drops out sometimes only during driving conditions. When I am driving, the throttle will cut out completely, wont restore untill I put the accelerator back to idle position, then throttle returns to normal, sometimes recurring again after I accelerate again. This happens alot. Engine idles fine, and has never cut out at idle. Car was stored outside for many years. Any ideas would be helpful.
Reply to
Throttlejunkee

Check the Mass Air Flow Sensor, it may be going bad.

Reply to
Mike