944 windshield replacement

Has anyone done the replacement themselves?

Reply to
Bill Komar

gulp !

Reply to
Adrian Jaye

Hi I watched while the guy fitted mine, it wasn't easy. You need a heated cutter to cut away the old bonding and you will probably need new trims round the screen as they bend when being removed Regards Tonto

Reply to
Tonto

it is a very tricky job and those screens are "expensive"

even some cheapo windscreen fitters are not able to do the job, I'd trust it either to a porsche speaclist or main dealer

Adrian AT Playback DOT demon.co.uk SPAM, What SPAM ? Anti-SPAM software in use "SPAM-BUSTER"

"Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

------------ Looking to talk to a decent group of people who are mad about Porsches But who are not anoraks. Whether you're a Porsche Virgin or a seasoned veteran.

Pop on over to "Not Just Porsche" E-group

Post message: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Adrian Jaye