  • Reply to: All; "jereme"
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:48:28 -0500 GMT
  • Subj: 951 help needed ======================================================================

j>Im looking at buying another Porsche this time the 951 rather then j>a j>NA. Aside from the usual prepurchase inspection is there anything j>I should be looking for first. I am told that there is a small j>leak in the breaking/ clutch system because it needs to be j>refilled every 2 weeks or so.There are no puddles under the car j>tho, after setting for several hours. The belts have been done and j>the clutch has also been replaced. It has 205k and the turbo was j>rebuilt about 5k ago. Should I have a shop inspect the car or keep j>looking? j>Any suggestions greatly appreciated. j>jereme

Classic symptoms of pending clutch master cylinder failure. Look up under the dash, where the clutch master cylinder rod comes through the firewall to the clutch pedal. You may need to pull the rubber boot back to look, but I'd bet that you'll see where the brake fluid is leaking from. No big deal if you have the proper tools and a power bleeder to bleed the system after you replace the master cylinder. I'd check to see just how long ago the clutch was replaced though. Definitely have a shop inspect the car. Good luck.

-- Jack

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.