97' Boxster won't start..battery or freezing ice blockage?

Recently, it has been raining for about to straight days, and the temperature has gotten down to freezing degree. My 97' Boxster would crank but won't ignite and start. I can hear the spark plugs firing into the engine, but still no ignition. I got out my jumper cable, and the boxster would start. I would drive around for the day, and the car would start fine. When I leave the car out for the night under the cold and freezing temp, the car would not start the next day unless I jump start it. Please help. Thanks.

Reply to
97boxster

If it was frozen water in fuel line it wouldn't start regardless of jumpers. Get your battery checked. If the battery is good it could be your DME relay, it doesn't like low voltage from nearly discharged battery and the contacts inside burn. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Updated info..My determination to fix this problem continues and finally I found a solution. I noticed the car windows were rolling up very slowly when I put the key to turn on the electrical unit. Both windows were moving up very very slowly. So...so..I took my car to Sears auto service and got a battery change. I know... I read the boxster manuel, and it did say to replace Porche battery ONLY. But not true, Sears Die Hard battery worked fine.

Reply to
97boxster

Hi there, I just recently had the same problem with my 98 Boxster and I had to change the battery... after all, it lasted 5 years, even if the car has only 38.000 Km! But I went for the "Moll" OEM battery.

Reply to
Vasco Ricardo