996 C4/2 ENGINE PROBLEMS

Hi everybody, I am driving a 911 (996 C4 10/01). I heard about engine problems once the car has made more Km 80.000. Is anybody aware of this problem? I a from Italy and it looks like this problem is happening quite often. Thanks to everybody

Reply to
Ven

There have been some rear main seal (oil leak) problems with some of the pre-2002 engines. In the States, Porsche has been replacing those with a new style seal and a new procedure that does not require a lot of time. Your car is a late production '01 or early production '02, and it may well not have the problem. Just keep an eye out for oil leaking on the ground or exhaust system.

Regards from Texas....

Reply to
Guru