Ah yes

If you put a porsche GT1 on the same race track as tigerrace1 and her Ferrari F355 there would be a smoked italian! Not only that but pretty cool that the new Porsche SUV could smoke just about every ferrari model made before 1995. I can't wait to see the head to head test of the Carrera GT against (insert ferrari model here). Porsche will definitly look better, probably score higher marks with its ceramic clutch and breaks..I mean you guys have to admit that that is a impressive car? German engineering, been the best since the first car in the WORLD was put togather 110 years ago and will be the best until the end of time.

Reply to
Paul 'The Duff' McPoop

Porsche will look better?

The Carrera GT looks ok, but when it comes to pure presence, Porsche isn't in the same league as Ferrari. I pulled up at the lights in my yellow F355 spider, right beside a midnight black 993 Porsche turbo. The group of women that stopped to admire my Ferrari didn't even notice the Porsche. The driver might as well have been sitting in a plastic bag!

<h113862

"Paul 'The Duff' McPoop" wrote

Aren't you a little out of date?

Good. Go buy one.

Paul (the real) Duffin

Reply to
Paul Duffin

Are you trying to convince us, ExtraSmell, or yourself? If you're trying to convince us, don't bother, all you will acheive is amusing us for a few days and then you'll be ignored.

Welcome back Mikal......

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Could be - but then this time he's posting via AOL......'nuff said for the majority of AOL-ers!

Reply to
Iain Miller

Porsche Carrera GT will be produced by ATR Cars, in Italy (as well as Ferrari Enzo).

gi

Reply to
gi

trolling trolling.. had the chance to test a hummer against a cayanne? no comaparison. shear thrill is on the hummer.

Reply to
gary!

You do mean the original Hummer and not the H2 right?

Reply to
Nick Case

Yes, but an Unimog will make the Hummer look like a Tonka Toy.

Earl

"gary!" wrote in news:oO4Ra.738$ff.430@fed1read01:

Reply to
Big Earl

Haven't seen one of those.

Earl

"Ron Loewy" wrote in news:oAiRa.1304$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc04.gnilink.net:

Reply to
Big Earl

Nice, but take a look at this one.

Earl

"Ron Loewy" wrote in news:2yjRa.13887$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

Reply to
Big Earl

I want the Volvo 915.. Joe C.

Reply to
jlc

I would bet yes, but performance wise the Cayenne would kick ass, unless the Hummer was "fixed", perhaps Lingenfelter style. However, as far as which one can go "farther, deeper", etc., I take the H2. No contest.

MC

Reply to
MC

You take the H2? Shows how much you know. The H2 has NOTHING in common with the original Hummer. It's actually a Suburban chassis. Talk to any engineer at GM and they'll confirm that.

Reply to
Nick Case

I've looked into them. I know plenty. Not to mention that I NEVER said the H2 could match the H1 offroad (though I think it gets extremely close).

While the H2 does use the Tahoe-family chassis and drivetrain (and GM does not hide that fact, you don't have to talk to a GM engineer), it has been EXTENSIVELY strengthened and modified underneath - extensively. I'm sure there isn't a doubt in any real offroader's mind that the H2 will outperform a Cayenne offroad - maybe not in sheer speed tests, but definitely in trials-like torture tests, the Rubicon, etc.

Do a little research before you pull your pistol around here, son.

MC

Reply to
MC

ROTFL... you keep telling yourself that. There is NO WAY that the H2 can come close to the H1 in offroad ability. Look underneath. See the axles in the H2? See it in the H1? See the difference?

Unfortunately, you listen to the GM sales/promotion group. Talk to actual engineers and you'll get a different story.

Please provide links where an unmodified H2 has been compared against a Cayenne in said torture tests, and was proven to be superior.

Considering I know a couple of people that worked on the H2, I'ld say I'm more informed that you could ever hope to be.

Reply to
Nick Case

Hmmm.... Insulting Psycho Mikey. You should change your name to Head Case...

Not me!

---------------------------- A force of 300 Spartans stood at the pass of Thermopylae facing 100,000 Persians. The Persians said to them, "Lay down your arms and we will let you live." The Spartans replied, "Come and get them." The Persians tried to reason with them, saying, "Our archers are so many that our arrows will darken the sky." The Spartans answered, "So much the better, then we shall fight in the shade."

Reply to
Not Me!

Great kid, you win. Happy?

Reply to