anyone used goldline brakes?

anyone purchased their rebuilt calipers? Found them through a web search and was quoted what I thought was an exceptionally reasonable price (a pair of rebuilt, coated calipers is less than half what Pelican gets for one new one) but would like to hear from anyone with personal experience with them. I talked to the guy for a few minutes on the phone today and he quoted me a price for a pair of rebuilt calipers with their "polymer coating" and all new hardware which I'm tempted to go for, and he apparently has cores in stock. If you have bought from them, how does the coating hold up? The pics on the web site sure look pretty. I'm not really interested in upgrading the brakes on my 944, it's just a daily driver, but I would like to fix the slight seeping I noticed from the LF caliper while trying to "de-squeak" my brakes (wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't removed the pads, it's not a big issue yet but I'm sure left un-dealt with it will be) and the concept of a coating that keeps the calipers from rusting (externally at least) is appealing to my anal-retentive side :)

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel