AutoBond paint protection?

So it looks like my friend is narrowing in on a new 997. Dealer is offering LoJack and AutoBond (sp.?) finish protection. Is the former really needed, given Porsche's excellent internal security? And is the latter a real value add, or a Rusty Jones-type dealer margin generator?

Thanks-

Theo

Reply to
Theo

The need for the LoJack is directly proportional to the places you friend parks and the proclivity for heisting them in your area. I've never had it...and never had one stolen; however, I garaged it both at work and home...or had it parked directly in front of our office window at another location.

The "AutoBond" is a margin generator. You can do as well with other products you apply yourself.

Regards from Texas...

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Aha - I mis-heard. Autobahnd is the pre-cut urethane sheet set. Seems like a more valuable system, though still very pricey - anyone here tried it?

Reply to
Theo