best radar detector for the money

so, what's the best radar detector for the money? :)

x-bit

hello, in my opinion it is the "valentine one". i've used it for years and its saved my ass MANY times. it cost more than most but it"s worth every penny. dick (911 turbo)

Reply to
D.

I have to agree. I've owned my V1 for 6-7 years. It has helped me on many occassions. I also have the concealed display. This helps hide the lights from the detector. I really like the directional feature and the upgradability. I just need to send it in to get the POP software installed.

A buddy of mine just bought the Escort 8500, but he's not had it long enough to vouch for it. I have heard good things about it, though. They have one with blue lights....mmmmmm...blue....

The Dead Senator

Valentine 1....no contest!

To quote that old TV commercial: You can pay me now...or pay me (more) later.

Reply to
Guru