Boxster 2.5

I am writing from Italy, sorry for my englisch...

I would like to buy an used one (the arriving of the new model makes the prices become lower and lower). They told me the 2.7 is a true Porsche, not the 2.5. Anyone driving the 2.5 Boxster? What about the low rev power or, better, torque?

Ciao everyone!

Reply to
Gira

Best advice is to drive both examples, a 2.5l and a 2.7l and compare.

A common complaint with the 2.5l (and not so uncommon with even the 2.7l version) is the car is 'under powered'... but to each his own.

Drive both and then decide.

2.5l versions should be getting very affordable and if you find a good example of one, well-taken care of, no serious body/paint damage/work, with the right options for you, it will make a fine car. Be sure to have the car inspected by a qualified Porsche mech. before you buy. Check for oil in the coolant, coolant/water in the oil. The early 2.5l engines could experience engine porosity and while engines that did early on were covered under warranty, by now you would probably be looking at paying for a new/replacement engine out of your pocket.

BTW, *everybody* knows the only true Porsche is the 911 model...

Just kidding. I have an '02 Boxster with over 96,000 miles on it. Great car!

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Gira wrote:

Reply to
Marc Warden

Thank's. I found your answer very useful expecially when talking about engine porosity. Could you explain me better? And what about the maximum mileage a boxster engine can bear (if well used and well inspected)?

Ciao again.

Reply to
Gira

Hi Gira,

consider not for a long time. Buy the 2.7l Boxster. I bought my 2.7L Boxster a half year ago and I love it! Every Day you don`t drive a Boxster is a lost day!! :-)

The maximu mmileage is on the average 200.000 km.

But: The appearance of the new Boxster will not affect the prices for older Boxsters!

Best regards Thorsten

"Gira" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D61td.468533$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.tin.it...

Reply to
Thorsten Hüser

Ti rispondo in italiano : guarda io ho avuto il 2.5 dopo una carrera 4 ... ed è stata una delusione terribile. Il 2.5 non va ... è un chiodo,ho provato il 2.7 ed è un'altra cosa anche se non è un mostro di potenza. Se riesci, trova una S che ho provato a Imola al corso Porsche e devo dire che cammina. Ti ripeto stai lontano dal 2.5

Ciao

Tillo

"Gira" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Bkmqd.418394$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.tin.it...

Reply to