C Frame stuff

I have an elderly 911 about which I've been informed (at her latest annual inspection - she is really a she, tempermental but when she's on the ball, oh boy - is everything fantastic or what! But... when she's tempermental then life can be a bitch. Which ever way it goes she is lovable!!!) she need welding on the C frame at the base in line with the sill. I was told this was pretty typical for the 911 but it one of those things that you cannot see without some pretty major chassis overhaul work. The symptoms are of course rusting on the outer door sills at the bottom rear corner of the door frame, more noticable on the driver's side. if this makes sense to anyone, some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
tim309

hello, i had this problem with a 1972 911t . i had it repaired and it came back in a week !!! i'm sure there are shops that can fix it correctly so be sure they know what they are doing . dick

Reply to
dick