Cayenne impressions?

Drove a 2006 V6 Cayenne today. Very impressive SUV.

Anyone out there have a Cayenne? If it weren't for the rumors of a revamped model for mid-year (and other rumors of a hybrid), I would have drove it home.

Frank G.

+==========================================+ | Crossroads Technologies Inc. | | www.CrossroadsTech dot com | | fgreco at REMOVE!cross!roads!tech!dot com| +==========================================+
Reply to
Frank D. Greco

It's an oversized SUV, what else is there to say?

Reply to
John Doe II

It's a pretty small SUV, actually. epbrown

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to

"John Doe II" sez:

oversized? Did you mean to say undersized?

I was curious if any owners had any good/bad stories. The web sites tech geeks are giving it a mediocre review but consumer ratings are reasonably high. Unanimously both the "experts" and the consumers said gas mileage wasn't that good.

Just wanted to hear from owners here.

Frank G.

Reply to
Frank D. Greco

"Frank D. Greco" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The Jeep Wrangler is about right, very thing else are fat pigs.

Reply to
John Doe II

"Frank D. Greco" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Don't own one but had a Cayenne S as a loaner from the dealer while the 996 went in for tires. The dealer scratched the wheels so I had the Cayenne for a week while they fixed their goof.

Driving reasonably sedately, the Cayenne got about 17 MPG in city/highway driving. It would approach 20 MPG on highway only. Handling on the highway and acceleration were superb (for an SUV) - very comfortable front seats. I didn't take it offroad. We have an Acura MDX which we really like, but if we ever replaced it and money wasn't an issue, we'd get a Cayenne S.

Reply to
Jim Keenan