CD Player - update

OK I found my unit, and this should look great with my black 944 interior!

It has one problem though, it's not listed as being CD-R compatible. Most of my music is on CD-Rs. I called a rep at clutchfeild and they said that it might pick up higher quality CD-R's, and he had been told that by the factory. Do any of you play CD-Rs in a player that wasn't designed for them? I had a very very old sony CD player in my last car and it played them just fine, and that was designed long before MP3's I'm sure. There are a few other Blaupunkt's that are designed for CD-Rs but they don't look as nice as this and I wanted to keep it cheap. If you don't think that would work well for CD-R playing, I thought this Kenwood might look pretty good.

It isn't quite as powerful or offer as many features but looks pretty good and would fit my interior nice. It's the same price.

Thanks for your opinions/advise!

Reply to
Hollywood Harry

Harry-

So you found something you like......That's great, the price was pretty good, free tech support and adapter harness included. No muss no fuss.......Cool ! Now when you get ready to do the speakers (the real weak link in a Porsche audio system) get some MB Quart speakers from ebay (same size as factory) and you'll be set.

Good Luck! Steve

pcarfan

An alternative speaker choice would either be a/d/s 200i plates or a set of 234is mounted to a 4x6 plate. These would also bolt right into the current speakers holes and not require any cutting or modification of the interior. The depth of these speakers is also good so the won't hit the power window rail if you have that option. a/d/s makes some very good sounding speakers.

Reply to
Gene Z. Ragan