Fuel Gauge

I just got my 85.5 944 today and am really enjoying the car. Tonight I made a trip up to the gas station and filled the tank up but on the way home the gauge never made it all the way up to the F, its between full and the 3/4 mark. Are these fuel gauges known for breaking or not being accurate? I know the tank filled up, I let the nozzle shut off by itself. I will be taking a 250 mile road trip with the car in a week and would like to have a working fuel guage for it. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Clark W.

Jetson

Reply to
Tony Winningham

Ok where do I start and how do I get to this point? I'm usually the type of guy who just takes his car to the dealer, but this sounds like a easy fix. Thanks guys.

Reply to
Clark W.