Help! - Clicking noise

when i try to start my car, all i get is a rapid clicking noise. is a faulty/dead battery causing this? thanks in advance for any responses.

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

alex.kesselman

when i try to start my car, all i get is a rapid clicking noise. is a faulty/dead battery causing this? thanks in advance for any responses.

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

alex.kesselman

It is either:

  1. a dead battery, due to: a) a shorted cell b) charging system fault

  1. loose/corroded battery terminals, preventing sufficient amperage to the starter.

Solutions:

1 a) Replace the battery 1 b) get the alternator/regulator checked out

2 Clean the terminals and apply anti-corrosive (available in auto stores) and tighten the terminals.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

Definitely not. It is your solenoid that is causing the clicking noise

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Low voltage to the solenoid will also cause it not to function properly.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn