Helping a friend get Porsched

Buddy of mine has hit the point in life where he needs and can afford a fine carriage. He doesn't like negotiating, so I offered to help buy his new ride. He'll probably get one of the $70k+/- Carrera variants. General questions, if anyone here can please help:

- Beyond the usual Consumer Reports-type invoice and option-price guides, is there any info available that might help save money?

- Are there any special promos or hold-backs going on in the next week or two? We're in Boston, if it matters. Any other negotiating tips, given supply and demand for these vehicles?

- He's probably not going to push the car very hard, and will have a utility car for kids, foul weather, etc. Is there any reason to get 4WD, more HP or any other performance options?

I also recommended that he invest some of his savings (?) on an advanced driving course at Lyme Rock or some such. Any special recommendations?

Thanks very much-

Theo

Reply to
Theo