I want to hire a Boxster in Ireland: how?

I want to hire a Boxster for my two week holiday in Ireland this May/June. I own one now here in America, and if the roads there are anything like what I've seen in past trips to Great Britain, then I'll want one on my holiday. Unfortunately, I cannot find a place that hires them out. I've searched the car hire companies, and I've even telephoned the Porsche centres in Belfast and Dublin. Nothing.

Does anyone out there know any way to accomplish this? Please post.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

The roads in Ireland are nothing like those in Britain...you may be better off with a Cayenne!!!!

Simon C Porsche 912 - 1969 To reply: remove nospam. from the address

Reply to
Simon C

Try

good luck

Reply to
lumpy

Dan

I'm cross-posting this to ie.general in case the people there can assist you.

Reply to
Philip K

I doubt very much if you'd find anywhere to hire one anyway, but even if you did you'll be very disappointed if you expect the roads here to be anything like some of the windy A roads you find in the UK, especially in the north of England.

Think in terms of potholes the size of small towns, crumbling verges, rocks in the middle of the road, tractors at night without lights, escaped sheep and horses etc. etc. and small country roads are often just wide enough to fit one car let alone two.

Just my 2 euro cents worth :)

Reply to
Alun Saunders

How about a nice Nissan Micra?

E.S.

Reply to
Eamon Skelton

Thanks.

Someone else pointed me toward

but they appear to onlyoperate in Great Britain. Sure, I'll call on them the next tripthrough Wester Ross (oooh just imagine: Wester Ross in a Boxster!!),but I'm going to Ireland. Their address is co.uk, so maybe they have aBelfast brach... I'll email them and ask. Thanks again, Dan

PS - Here's a little jaunt in my baby through the White Sands National Monument...

Dan Stephenson

Really?? Man's that's way too bad if that's true. After being stuck with a Seat Ibiza in Wales in 2003 and a Fiat Punto in Scotland in

2004, I was really looking for something better for Ireland in 2005 and I figured the roads were similarly awesome as in Scotland and Wales.
Reply to
Dan Stephenson

Well, that *would* fulfill a requirement that the car be SMALL. My goodness some of those hedged lanes in Wales and Scotland (and Somerset and North Yorkshire) were narrow! I figure Ireland has a lot of those, too? You see, my holiday will be a 'road trip' and entail a lot of wandering around through the beautiful countryside, stopping at the ruins of castles and abbeys and megalithic sites along the way. I so so loved my trips in Wales and Scotland that did just that, and Ireland was the next logical stop.

So you can see I'm really stoked about what I can gets to see in Ireland. I've researched a whole lot and I've marked up my Michelin road atlas with the sights to see as a wander around... but boy it would be soooo nice to do it in a Boxster like the one I have here in America.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

They have a office in Belfast.

Reply to
Boru

"Dan Stephenson" wrote

Don't mind your boxster, you're coming to Ireland now, this is what you'll need:

James

Or you could have my Fiat Barchetta, for a large fee... quite possibly the only yellow one in Ireland, and looks a bit like one of those ten-a-penny squashed German beetle things you're after if you squint hard enough :)

Reply to
Calum Benson