Just got my 2003 Boxster 986 (Canada)

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to go for the S, but I got a pretty good deal on a Boxster 2.7L at the dealership. Now that I've been driving the car for a week, I have some questions and I would be very thankful if you guys can help me out...

1.) The car they had available didn't have the Litronic light (xenon lights) - would it be possible to order the Litronic lights and just have them installed on my boxster? Would that work? And what about the headlights washers, would they work too?

2.) I would like to get more HP... Would you guys suggest to install a different exhaust for gain in HP? Maybe an Air Intake or a different air filter? What do you guys think about that? And would that affect my warranty?

3.) When the top is on, I can hear some rattle (quack, qwick) on uneven roads. Also there seems to have some kind of rattle when i ran accros some little bumps - is that normal? I use to drive an SLK320 and I didn't have these kinds of problems... Would that be covered by my warranty? Wouldn't that be a little bit "anal" to mention it to the delearship?

Well, I must say that i really like my porsche, I also own an 2001 Audi S4 and both cars are awesome. I can't wait to reach the 2,000 miles for the car to "break in" so I can go higher than 4,200 RPM :) hehe

Thanks folks :)

Reply to
Philippe

The dealer will install the lights but it will be big bucks!!! About

1000dollars.I have the regular lights on my 2000 Carrera and they give me enough light but "different strokes for different folks."
Reply to
Ben Friedman