Just saying hello!

Hi all!

Having just had my M3 car-jacked, I've ordered a 911S cabrio for October delivery. I expect to be posting lots of questions in the future, so TIA for any help given.

Just out of interest, I ordered the telephone module which I understand needs a 'clone' sim-card. My current mobile provider (O2 -UK) cannot provide a duplicate SIM, and I was wondering of there was a way of getting around this by getting a card cloned privately?

Does anyone have an idea about this or a fix??

Thanks

Harry

Reply to
Harry

Try

They have forums devoted to specific Porsche models and also technical issues - somebody on the 997 forum may be able to help.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Many thanks Jim,

Reply to
Harry

you were car-jacked?

if you look like lunch, you'll get eaten. it's a jungle out there, baby!

Reply to
Lawrence

I've thought about what my response to you should be over the last couple of days. But I just don't know how to pitch it on such a level that an asshole like you could understand!

Reply to
Harry

Wow. I didn't think he was being a jerk. He has a point, if you drive a nice car, you stand a good chance of finding someone else who'll want to take it from you.

Perhaps you are still angry after losing the Bimmer? I sympathize. I would be very angry. Did they ever find the real asshole? Not Larry, the thief. You could thank him since he did give you an opportunity to own a Porker.

Also, consider that you did not lose your health or your life. Just stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love my 993. It is not just a thing to me, but I rightly value my life somewhat more than I do it. Please, please don't tell her...

Good luck and keep us posted Harry.

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Ola!

: Just out of interest, I ordered the telephone module which I understand : needs a 'clone' sim-card. My current mobile provider (O2 -UK) cannot provide : a duplicate SIM, and I was wondering of there was a way of getting around : this by getting a card cloned privately?

heck, we just went to the local Vodefone shop and got a *D2 Call-Ya* card, so the car has it's own telephone number. big deal. there are only five people who have the car's number, and they're all family.

i suspect that *cloning* a telephone SIM chip without the permission of the phone company is a no-no.

Reply to
Low Life #3

True enough, however if he was trying to get a message across, he didn't need to post with that kind of tone. It really was unnecessary. As far as the car goes, it's history. The tracker/lojack failed, and police belive it is out of the country by now.

Reply to
Harry