Need a speedo for 73 911

Before I pony up the $ for a new speedometer for my 73 911 E I am wondering if anyone out there has a nice one in working order for sale.

Had mine rebuilt by North Hollywood Speedometer about a year ago and needless to say it is broken again. The needle literally fell off.

Chirs snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
C McFaul

Chris, There's a few on e-bay, make sure you get the correct one. I assume your car is running MFI, it does make a difference I think yours goes thro a ballast resister whereas the 73 2.7 CIS is direct from piggyback on dist. Did you call N.H. maybe they can do something, mabye better than "gambling" on an internet seller! Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks for the info. My car does have MFI and the speedo runs off a cable in the dash. I believe the other end connects to the transmission but that might be an assumption. It definitly does not connect to the distributor.

I am over North Hollywood Speedometer. I feel they did a lousy job and will not send anything to them ever again.

E-bay had a couple speedometers but none that matched. I would not be apposed to buying a new one but have not been able to locate one.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

73 911 E
Reply to
C McFaul

Pelican Parts has rebuilt speedometers:

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Chris, A thousand apologies, your post said speedo my brain said tacho. Hence the weird reply sorry about that. Mines a 915 trans, I opened up my speedo 'cos the odometer wasn't working. They are are quite simple inside, but if you don't feel like having a go then as suggested Pelican is the place. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

were you able to get your odometer working again, Jeff? my ex-husband has a '66 912 & the speedo works fine but the odometer won't budge for love or money. any tips i could pass along to him would be appreciated!

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars