Need an Opinion - 04 40th 911 or 05 C2S

I actually love the 04 40th Anniversary and have been hunting hard ofr the last few months for one however, I drove an 05 C2S and loved it as well. The 40th has alot going for it but so doe sthe 05 C2S. They seem to be about the same price so that's not a real issue.

What's the better car and why?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike at ClassicPlayfields

Is the 05 C3S a 997 ? Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Yes, its the new style and the 04 was the 996.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike at ClassicPlayfields

It's a long time since I drove 996, nothing wrong with it, but I think the

997 is better looking, better engineered and has more comfortable seating position ( for 6" driver). The 996 values are starting to drop and I am not aware that the 40th Anniversary is special in any significant way, so I think the 997 would keep it's value bit better. Regards, Martin
Reply to
Martin²

I had a 2001 996 Cab and last fall traded for an '06 997-S coupe. Having driven most 911's since 1972, there is absolutely no doubt that the technical refinements in the 997 make it the finest engineered 911 ever. Stable at virtually any rational (and most irrational) speeds, good looking, revised/updated interior. You can be driving at 80 in 6th (@ 3300 rpm) and just step on the gas and it will easily pull out and pass without downshifting. 100 mph @ 4,000 with a 7200 red line. On the other hand,

996's are dropping in value and they are also good cars, so you may be able to get a very good buy. Oh...just did some traveling in the Texas hill country, with a 250 mi. trip over and back and averaged over 21 mpg, including some "spirited" highway driving and a lot of shifting going through the winding roads (?) in the hills. If you can find a preowned S, you can let someone else take that initial depreciation.

Hope this helps...

Reply to
Guru