Need service advice 05 Cayenne V6 - Bergen, New Jersey

My wifes Cayenne service due indicator just lit up on dash.

Car has only 18000 miles on it

We did 1st service at dealer when indicator lit at 13000 miles & they were OK - it was approx $300.

I called to check cost on this service & they quoted $560 - when I asked what they wil be doing they said oil change & then check this, this & this, etc

I called 2 other local dealers & there prices were $6-800

I called a local recommended Porsche mechanic with a shop in my town & he said it is just an oil chane, approx $100 & he will inspect everything & let me know if any other work is needed.

Car has 2.5 more years on 5 year lease.

Is it a warranty or lease issue if we do not service at dealer?

Any advice?

Reply to
dknyc1

wrote

Federal law says it's not a warranty issue.

The cost is just one of the perils of owning high-end cars. My guess is that this is a service, and the last one was actually an oil change.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Check the gas cap to make sure it is on tight. (If it is loose, the vapor recovery emission control system may not work right...)

W.

Reply to
Walter Spector

It's not an warranty issue, BUT if you hit a serious problem after the warranty expires Porsche will want to see your service record before considering any help, and they won't help if the service wasn't done by OPC (my personal experience). You need to look at your lease T&C's too. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²