New boxster

Does anyone know when the new Porsche Boxster model is due. I understood it was early 2005 but there is an article in the current Car magazine indicating it won't be till 2010.

Reply to
Neil Fraser

Porsche isn't due for a *completely* brand new Boxster till' 2010, after the

998s have debuted, as per the article in CAR. However, several sources I've seen have indicated that another update on the current model is due for 2005. I wouldn't expect the coupe version Porsche is testing till 2010, but more powerful versions of the current model with updated interiors and even furthur improved suspensions are likely. The Z4 and the new MB SLK are pushing into Boxster territory and Porsche will need to step tuings up. If you're seriously shopping and can wait till' December 2004 or January 2005, I would, we'll know more.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

I was at my dealers the other day and there was some hint of a new model this December/January.

However, the dealers tend to know as much as the public and I can`t see it being a complete new boxster.

I bought a brand new boxster last year and although its a fantastic car, the interior is quite dull and could do with a revamp.

Reply to
BF

Last week's Autocar says the new Boxster is due next Spring. The article also talked about the Boxster coupe (still too expensive at $53,650 - converting from #29,000) and the Cayenne targa (glass roofed model). Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

I guess it depends on how you specify it. I love the interior, from the sweep of the doorhandles on, but it is a bit dull in black plastic. Mine is Boxster red with as much leather as you can get (why is having the centre console in leather another extra?) and quite a bit of aluminium. See

I can'tthink of many cars that improve on it.

Reply to
Paul Spencer

Hi Paul

Mine was very heavily specc`d.

Has full leather with aluminium console/gear leaver/handbrake.

I mainly refer to the dashboard and the cheap feel of the indicator stalks.

The Bose system, well, was way under par for what I expected. My own opinion with the Bose is that they have packed too much into such a small compartment - 10 speakers in total.

Reply to
BF

Paul

Had a look at your Boxster.

Looks very nice.

I have all of the extras you have except for the ruffled leather. Yes, litronics should be standard as should the PSM.

Ive got the Polar Silver and a hard top. My wheels are the 18" Sport Design.

Reply to
BF

When we ordered our 2002 Carrera coupe, we got the full leather interior and the large leather option. The car has the carbon/leather steering wheel, carbon shifter and handbrake, and aside from the carpets the rest of the interior is leather. I'd agree with your assessment - they're gorgeous with all the surfaces in hide.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Not to disagree with what you've stated, but I'm just a poor sap with the partial leather interior, and what I love about that is that I need not worry about the dash (or some other such part) splitting/drying or giving it special treatments to prevent this from occurring. I can set my full beer stein up on the dash going a hunnered and not worry about leaving a ring! The vinyl in black looks just like the real McCoy, it is far more durable and I still get that wonderful leather smell.

Mmmmm.....Porsche....

Alright, I looked for full, but I genuinely couldn't find it in my desired color combo and wasn't willing to wait any longer. I still enjoy the partial and am obviously quite happy with it.

What colors you may ask? What else? Red/Black!

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

It's definitely more work to upkeep all the leather bits, but it's a labor of love. And a vinyl dash can split as well.....

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Wait - they make Porsches in other colors? :-) Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

If they made a Boxster coupe, it really wouldn't be a Boxster anymore, now would it?

Reply to
Paddington

Hi folks,

I hear that you will see the new 911 and the new Boxster at the Paris motorshow this year. The new Boxster (well about 90% of it is new) will be in dealers Dec/Jan.

HTH.

Reply to
Kevin Rockall

My local Porsche dealer in London is taking orders for the coupe now. I put my name down about a month ago. They are being pretty cagey about the launch date but hinted at around Sept next year, they said i could take delivery of the new conv in Feb.

Reply to
Ian Murray

I think that says it all! Your dealer hints next Sept. Mine says December / January, I think the answer is that they don`t know any more then Joe Public!

Ive had a deposit >My local Porsche dealer in London is taking orders for the coupe now.

Reply to
BF