Newbie Owner Chronicles episode 1

Ok, here goes..

took delivery of a 2003 Cararra Cabriolet 911 yesterday. Porsche Center, Frankfurt am Main.

The automobile was a Porsche dealer's ride for about 8 months, and then he / she upgraded to a Cayenne. Less than 16.000Km (less than 10.000 miles).

It has huge Conti 285 / 30 ZR 18's on the rear end and 225/40's up front. And it has *all* the bells and whistles... This auto rates five stars on giggle index.

Me: 1959 Vespa 250 scooter, 1963 Triumph 650 Tiger motorcycle (great machine), 1961 MGA (piece of crap, a real dog turd) 1965 VW ( a classic, a great ride), 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 ( My grandfather's pride and joy, then he had a stroke and it became my ride, great car) 1972 Peugeot 504 (great ride, but French..) 1982 VW Diesel Rabbit (purchased new, and whatta piece of shit. This was a really shitty car) Honda 750 VR4R motorcycle: In a straight line I'll smoke any street Porsche driver (smoke everything). 1946 Cadillac series 62 (huge, and don't get in my way as my auto weighs two tons. Back seat as big as some living rooms). 1976 Cadillac Deville (My father died & I got his car. Good ride, easy maintence). 1979 Cadillac Seville (*The Perfect Car*, Ok, it looked kinda funny, but, by goodness , it was a really great ride.) At one time we were exclusively Cadillac and had the '46, '76 and '79 parked in the garage. We sold off all our cars, and purchased a new Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 and drove from the East cost to the West coast, and we did some really hinkey off road driving.. Deep sand, big rocks, bad stuff. Two weeks worth.. And 100mph cruising in the nowhere of Wyoming... Hour after hour...

So then, in 1990, we shipped the Jeep Cherokee across the Atlantic, and then drove it from Bremen down to Cadiz and then on a ferry to Tenerife, and then back again to Germany..

In January 1993, the wife purchased the most perfect automobile ever created, a Renault *Clio*, with a 1.2L motor.. I love this car!! It's so simple..

So here we are today, The 1989 JeepCherokee 4X4 limited, the perfect 1993,

*Clio* and the 2003, 911.

The Clio is going to be shipped down to the house (and garage) in Tenerife.

The Jeep and 911 will be the commute & daily drivers.

Hoist a glass for the Clio! The Clio goes into retirement, and is now parked on the street. Where it once had a warm and dry garage space.. That space is now taken by the 911. It breaks my heart.

Regards. Holden

Reply to
Holden McThynge